Hey everyone. I’ve given so many tips already; but it doesn’t end here. I really like that I’m taking a break from writing poems because it has given me time to write a lot of post; which I’ll publish soon enough. If you didn’t read my previous tip, you can on EASY WAYS TO IMPROVE AND GROW YOUR BLOG. Well, for the second part (or is it the 7th part?), I’ll be talking about the do’s and don’ts of blogging, mostly the latter because that’s what inspired this post.
1. Do not spam: Spamming is super annoying; although WP has a spam comment section, that’s not what I’m talking about. By spam, I mean irrelevant comments. For example, someone left so many comments on my blog posts advertising his blog; he even replied to other people’s comments on the post just to advertise his blog. And he had no courtesy to even like the post. It was super annoying; I had to delete the comments because it was just spam. If you want someone to check your blog post, simply comment something that’s useful and related to the post and at the end, tell the blogger to check your post with the provided link. People do that and I have no problem checking their posts. But when you spam all the time, no one will want to check your blog because that comment will go straight to the bin.
2. Don’t have anything nice to say?: This goes to those bloggers who take their time to leave insultive comments on a post someone worked hard on. I saw a post about it, and someone has done it to me as well. At first, I tried to talk to the person about it; until he crossed the line when he called me a horrible person. I realised that he was just jealous because my posts were getting lots of likes while he barely had followers, and he did it to get attention because he would comment on every post I wrote saying something bad until I finally put him in his place. Most people see this as criticism but when it happens to you, tell me what you think. We can’t work hard on a post just to get an insultive comment for no reason. So, if anyone does this to you, mark the comment as a spam and block them. If you’re a blogger who does that, analyse yourself and do that somewhere else. No one deserves that.
3. Just don’t: I think I’ve talked about this point in a previous post. Once again, it’s about asking someone to follow you. Like the title says, “just don’t“. If a blogger wants to follow you, they will. I don’t follow everyone who follows me because most of them are follow collector’s; but at some point, I might check out their blog and decide whether to follow or not. I don’t see asking someone to follow you as a means to increase your followers. This isn’t insta (although they unfollow a lot) and it’s not a competition. Don’t follow for a follow back either. It’s just not done.
4. Quit complaining: Many bloggers complain about not being able to write blog posts or not getting views. I’ve talked so much about the views in my previous tips so I won’t touch the subject. Back to writing posts. It’s never easy so quit complaining. I’m not always able to write a lot of posts; and it happened a while back; because I had to study for my exam but I still made out time to write posts. If you’re unable to write a post and you feel like your blog is going down hill, simply repost your old posts. It might be old to you but, new to others. So while you’re complaining, go out there and look for something to write about! Everything is worth writing about; even food. Just write about food; that’s a good idea I just gave you.
5. Don’t stress it: This goes along with #4. Stop stressing over not being able to write blog posts because the more you stress, the harder it’ll be to think and when you can’t think, you can’t imagine or create. Take a break and listen to some music or go outside and get some air; relax and you’ll be able to think. I listen to music so much that I almost always get inspiration from it; or I just scribble down random words till one inspires me to write. Most of the time I just think and imagine scenarios and I start writing. Stressing over what to write won’t solve your problem; so take some time out.
Follow me on Instagram
Click here to download my blog app from Google play
Also available on Apple store as “Okoto Enigmas Blog”