Hey everyone. It’s the weekend; well almost. I’ve given loads of blogging tips lately; and my last one was EASY WAYS TO INCREASE SITE TRAFFIC AND GET MORE FOLLOWERS: 5. I’ve decided to give more tips, but this time I chose to call it “Easy ways to Improve and grow your blog“; mostly because it’s shorter and because I didn’t want to come up with a different name; and coming up with post titles is hard. I’ve given a total of 25 blogging tips; each broken down into five posts; so I’m surprised I still have more to give. Here goes:
1. Consistency is the key: Just like every relationship, consistency is the key. And your blog is like your partner. In the sense that you have to post as often as you can; but that doesn’t mean 10 posts a day. A maximum of 3 posts per day for daily bloggers and a maximum of 4 posts per week for weekly bloggers. When you post everyday; or constantly, your readers will always look forward to more posts, and, gradually, you’ll be recognized. But as long as you publish quality posts. But, when you post once a week/month, no one will even remember you because there are other posts to read. Like the saying goes, there are other fishes in the sea
2. Never: By never, I mean never comment “great post” and then leave your link on the person’s post. I published a post asking for people’s opinion on doing share your link post and someone left that comment with their blog link. When you do that, it’s obvious you didn’t read the post and you’re just trying to promote your blog so, that comment will be deleted. When you have something good to contribute, say, or suggest, do it. Other wise, don’t comment at all saying “great post” and then leaving your blog link. Don’t! It’s annoying!
3. Use Pictures: I realised that a blog post gets more attention when it has pictures in it. I don’t always use pictures because I let my words do the job for me, but a good picture attracts more attention even when the post is long or boring. Although the picture has to relate to the post. And your heading/title has to be attractive as well. No one wants to read a post titled “today” even if the picture is really attractive. And most times people don’t look at the title, but rather, the picture.
4. Write more: Most people don’t cultivate the habit of writing; and as a blogger, you have to learn to write as much as possible. I love writing, and I always work on my post ahead of time which makes it easier. Even if you’re discouraged due to your views or followers; as long as you love writing and you keep doing it, your blog will grow. But when you’re unable to write and you feel discouraged, the chances of your blog growing is 5 to 100. This goes along side number one. You can’t be a blogger who hates writing. That’s like being a baby who hates food; or being alive and not breathing; that’s really impossible. It doesn’t work that way so you get more point.
5. Don’t follow for follow: I talked about this on a previous tip but I have to address it again. When you follow someone, don’t expect them to follow back. This isn’t Instagram; although on insta, they unfollow. You should follow someone because you’re interested in their blog; and before you do, take the time to read a minimum of 5 posts. I’ve seen cases where people say they’ve followed a blog and then they ask them to follow back, or where a blogger says they follow back. You’ll definitely get more followers; but not loyal followers. Then you’ll end up with 5k followers and only 4 likes per post which is just sad. To grow your blog, you need to act really smart; like you’re trying to get a $10m contract. That 10m sounds so good.
Those are the few tips I can give for now. If you haven’t read my previous tips, you can by clicking the link above. I hope these tips will be helpful.
Follow me on Instagram
Click here to download my blog app from Google play