Thinking of what to wear on a date can be really stressful. Questions like “Is this okay?” “Can I put this on?” “What can I wear this with?” arises. We dress to impress, and look good; that’s why picking out a dress is hard. Since we all don’t have quite the same closet (or budget!), most of us are forced to get a little creative while relying on a set of tried-and-true staples that we can mix, match and change up in a ton of ways. We have so many goals; and looking good is one of them.
To help you figure out what to wear on a date, here’s a list of essential pieces to have in your closet. These items, including block heel sandals, a mini skirt and a bodysuit are just a few of the things to reach for when cupid comes calling (and dinner’s at eight!).
1. A Slip Dress: There are few pieces more trendy this year than the slip dress. But, a simple, sexy silhouette is a date night go-to because it’s so versatile. For an evening at a nice restaurant, try wearing yours with heeled sandals and some layered necklaces. For a brunch with your beloved, layer it under a denim jacket and throw on your favorite slide sandals; keeping it simple while looking great.
2. A Mini Skirt: Show off your legs in a playful mini skirt. These are high on a date night must list because they work all year long. In the summer, you can pair your mini skirt with a pretty silk blouse and flats. In the fall or winter, layer up with tights, ankle boots and a v-neck sweater for a cozy movie night. You will look absolutely gorgeous!
3. Block Heel Sandals: What if your date night involves a moonlight stroll after dinner? A walk from drinks to dinner doesn’t have to be a risk if you have a great pair of block heel sandals. The surface area of these heels make them much easier to walk in, or stand at the bar or take that romantic stroll by the water. There are a variety of heel heights and strap arrangements to suit your style and comfort needs. You can feel comfortable all night long and still take a stroll.
4. A Mini Bag: There is no easier bag to carry on your next date night than a mini bag with a crossbody strap. You don’t need much when you’re out; just your phone, wallet, keys and probably some lipstick/a makeup piece — all of which would easily fit into a chic little mini bag. A mini bag is also great for dates because you don’t want to be encumbered by a large tote or shoulder bag when you sit down at an intimate restaurant. They easily hang off the back of a chair and can even rest on the bar without being too conspicuous. You might want to go with black because it goes with anything; and it’s not easily noticed; so it causes no discomfort.
5. Denim Shorts: In the summer months, denim shorts are essential for your more casual dates. Say you’re going to a movie screening in the park one evening or just grabbing some beers at your local Irish pub; denim shorts are a cute, comfortable and flattering option. You get to show off those toned legs and still look great! But, winter is coming; so it probably isn’t a good time for demin shorts.
6. A Bodysuit: A bodysuit is a trendy addition to your date night wardrobe; one that’s actually been a secret of stylish women everywhere. These ultra-fitted tops are meant to tuck into your favorite skirts and pants for a slim, body-con fit; while giving you a chic and sexy look.
7. A Camisole: If you want the sleek and sexy look of a slip dress or a bodysuit without all the fuss, try a simple, classic camisole. There are a variety of styles and fits you can find out there. Some have lace details, some are extra-long and some come in pretty prints. The go-to for a date night, however, is timeless black with no fuss. The slim straps create an alluring neckline without revealing too much, and the color assures you can wear it again and again, with everything from the aforementioned mini skirts to your favorite skinny jeans.
You no longer have to create a fuss when looking for an outfit for a date night. Picking from the above outfits can guarantee you a wonderful night with a simple and easy outfit that keeps you looking good all night long (just don’tover do the makeup).